Wednesday, November 07, 2007

WFMW-How do you do that???



Today is Works for me Wednesday....with a twist...today I get to ask YOU what YOU do!



Here is my issue of the day....It relates to All Things Blogger!



I have seen on some peoples blogs where they may write a sentence, but part of it appears to be crossed out....how do you do that?????





Another is how do you post links? for example If I am referring to another blog...say Lori's....I have to copy the entire web site address and paste it into my blog. I see where others may simply type in Lori's Blog and you can click on it taking you right to her blog....how do people do that?



I am not sure if it has anything to do with my system..I use Internet explorer and have netzero for my Internet provider...thanks for helping me become more blogger savvy!

5 comments:

Amy said...

My questions are about Blogger today, too, so I feel happy that I can help with yours. :)

To get the crossed-out text, type < strike > before the text, and < /strike > after it. (You have to remove the spaces between the > and the word strike-- it won't let me type it correctly here in your comments section!)

And to make links-- write the text you want people to click on ("Lori's blog"). Then highlight it, and go up that little green globe looking thing in the toolbar above where you enter text. Click on it, and a pop-up will appear where you can enter the URL you want to link to.

Someone else might be able to explain the linking better, LOL. But anyways I hope I've helped! :)

Jamie said...

The help section in blogger is the best. That's where I learned to do these things.

Cyndy said...

I don't have any advice just a thank you for asking the question that I had a bout the cross out thing. Now I know! Have you checked out Blogging Basics 101? Click on Blogology over at Shannon's and it will take you to the icon and then you can click on that to take you to a wealth of info!

Annikke said...

I am SO glad you asked this because I was struggling with it too!! I didn't find the help thing-y that helpful -- I am weasily confused though. This explaination made PERFECT sense though!! phew!! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Another thing you can do is Google "html codes". You can find any number of sites with different codes that help you do fun things, like the strike through line.