Monday, March 17, 2008

Our weekend was great!

Every year our Ladies weekend gets better and better and better. This was the 8th annual Ladies advance put on by the Bellevue Church of Christ and I have been able to go to every single one of them! The teaching was wonderful, and I can't wait to get a copy of the lessons so I can go over them, and over them, and over them.


Then lets add on that not only are the lessons great, but so are the friends :) I know that when I head into this event that sleep is basically non existent. For the most part, the majority of these ladies I see in person maybe twice a year. After the kiddos are put to bed, it is our time to talk and get to know one another, and of course just get absolutely silly :). I was able to meet and get to know several new women whose stories inspire me. Then as we were looking for friends from the past, we were discovering that some of them are no longer part of the church...too sad....


One person I ALWAYS look forward to meeting up with is Iana Smith. We get to talk quite a bit on IM and occasionally by phone, but it is always such a blessing to see each other. The last couple years I have been honored to sign a song while she sings it (and boy does she have a VOICE!) This year we did the song "East to West" by Casting Crowns. Here is a pic.....(in the voice of the wizard from the wizard of Oz) *Pay no attention to the weight of the woman on the left* lol (ok seeing these pics is reminding me just how bad I need to get back on track)






I also has the blessing of signing a song with my girl Katharine...I was so excited...I was just *busting* with tears of joy (yes literally) when she was finished :) We signed the song "Everlasting God" By Lincoln Brewster. I stood with her for most of the song but at the end there is a scripture reading by a child. This was Katharine's part to do all by herself. I had to walk off stage to kneel in front and "mirror" sign it in case she was signing and got lost. This way she would have someone to look at to try and figure out what she is supposed to be signing. I am so proud of her, I don't even think she looked at me once! Here is a pic of her on stage all by her lonesome:). Needless to say my daughter got a standing ovation. I don't think she knew what to do lol






All in all it was a great weekend.....now I have the rest of the week to catch up on sleep LOL





No comments: