Monday, July 09, 2007

Salsa for Sanite......Juice for Noah.....

All I can say is this past week has been such a blur! Between doing school with 3 kiddos then adding in all the normal running around, babysitting for 2 others, AND 4th of July AND Regatta stuff we have just been flying by the seat of our pants this past week. Friday night we went to our usual 4th of July/Regatta parade and a great time with friends at our typical "cookout." the kids played and played and played until they could play no more lol. Saturday it was detailed cleaning around the house (only you wouldn't know it now!) and then an afternoon with my girls (Noah got to go see Transformers with his Aunt Terri!) and then an evening watching fireworks. By the time we got back from fireworks, everyone had baths (they were FILTHY!) they were in bed at about midnight! Sunday was of course assembly in the am, come home to have tacos for lunch. I had made everything the day before that way it could be a "heat and eat" meal as Kyle has been spending every waking minute in the garage due to the fact he went to the parade and fireworks with us. I knew he was not going to be able to "wait around" for a meal. We eat out meal, and I start the dishes. Kyle heads out to the garage and I put Maddie to bed. Sanite and Noah are helping me clear the table. They are bringing me dishes and cups, putting the sour cream in the fridge etc. Then Sanite picks up the salsa...........and this is not a regular jar of salsa from walmart....it is the huge gallon container from SAMS club.....She is standing there talking to me about something ( I can't remember what right now) and she was "Swinging" that container. I didn't think anything of it.....she said "What do you want me to do with this?" and simultaneously turns it upside down while its above her head....................needless to say....the last person to use it ( papa *ahem*) did NOT put the lid back on it and salsa DUMPED all over her head, clothes, floor, fridge, cabinets, washing machine etc. For those of you who haven't been to my house I have a VERY large kitchen ( about 25 ft long at least) and there was splatter from one wall to the other...and I mean that very literally...............VERY literally lol. All I could do was laugh...Sanite just wanted to cry...but she eventually learned to laugh at herself. I gave her yet another shower picking onions, peppers and tomatoes out of her hair (along with a good wash) and as I tightened her locs later I was still picking onion and such out of her hair. I have a feeling that I will be washing her locs again today "just to be sure" that she doesn't smell like tacos anymore.


And well my dear Noah..... he has had 2 loose teeth for MONTHS now...I mean they have been loose since around April. Now Sanite, when she gets a loose tooth...she is begging to get it out....she plays and plays and plays with it until it comes out/has me pull it out. Noah is a different story...he will leave that tooth in there and NO ONE is going to touch it. I kept telling him you HAVE to play with it and get it out! He refused to touch it! Last Friday I looked in his mouth to see how loose his teeth were when I discovered that his NEW teeth were already coming in!They had broke through and were coming in BEHIND his baby teeth (not good!). SO I told him he needed to get his baby teeth out to make room for his new ones. Well he was a brave boy and let me take ONE out.....he was tickled pink to get that dollar from papa LOL. Then yesterday I asked to look at his other tooth...I said "let me try flossing your teeth" he said "Ok!!" So he got the dental floss and before he knew what I happened I wrapped that dental floss around his other tooth and popped it right out. My boy is now a toothless wonder :) Well, kind of lol as the big ones are already coming in and hopefully they will move forward!

Well I better head out as I have 1 hour before my kiddos get here and I need my prayer time!

No comments: