Saturday, February 07, 2009

Crack-a-lackin! It's a daddy daughter dance...

Well I wish I had pics...but my camera is shot and unless our $$tree out back starts producing, it will be a while before we get another one LOL Anyway........



Tonight was the Daddy daughter dance with girl scouts. Katharine and her daddy were able to go out on a date and they both had a great time. They made it to the dance around 6 and it was less than an hour after that where I started getting texts from Kyle saying sensory girl was shutting down....music too loud...to many people...strange new surroundings...little Katharine starts going through her own little breakdown...and I think daddy was a little nervous LOL. So I text back (so glad for texting now as he couldn't hear me on the phone above the music!) to keep her moving (dancing which I think is in his rule book as something that should never be done...by him at least) and to help her get engaged with her friends. Of course...he doesn't even know who her friends are LOL. Her girl scout buddies are so sweet though and I am sure got her involved (as I heard later that she was off playing with them). Sweet thing called me as soon as they left to tell me what a great time she had (whew) and how glad she was to see her friends. Kyle and Katharine then got to go out to dinner and they both had their favorites...steak!



So what happened to me you ask? I stayed home with Maddie and Noah. We made some YUMMY taco salads, ice cream sandwiches (the kids), and sugar free fat free pudding (for me...and you can remove the YUM from the beginning of that one and replace it with I-would-have-rather-of-had-an-ice-cream-sandwich-but-my-butt-is-too-big-already) and watched Madagascar 2. We had a great time and just loved getting to snuggle together. And yeah...CRACK-A-LACKIN! Whats up with that word? I laughed all the way through the movie and I am pretty sure it was just because of that word...I mean how can you hear him say that and not bust out laughing??? CRACK-A-LACKIN!!!!

No comments: