Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A day in the life of a Homeschoolin Hot-rodder....


Maddie did her math lesson today and then played a game of "tornado." For those of you who are not familiar with math-U-See, each one of those blocks you see stand for part of a place value "equation." The green guys are units (ones), the blue are tens, and the reds are hundreds. MUS makes it easy for a kiddo to learn place value as each guy (green, blues, reds) all live in little houses on decimal street...only 9 guys are allowed to live in each house...the green guys house is all the way on the right, the blue guys house is in the middle, and the hundred guys house is on the left. In the game of "tornado" we place all the guys in the correct houses...and then a big "tornado" comes through and splatters the guys all over "decimal street." It then becomes her job to put them back in their own home (therefore learning the "place" of ones, tens, and hundreds)


Here is my Noah boy giving a big smile while doing his handwriting (brought to you courtesy of Rod and Staff curriculum)....


Isn't his handwriting NEAT???? I am so proud...he is only in 1st grade but I think he is finally learning to SLOW DOWN................


Yep here is Ms. Katharine doing her Language Arts ( Learning Language Arts Through Literature).........................


She is learning cursive this year....my little perfectionist is hard at work. At the beginning of each line you see the 1st "word" that is pre-written in the book, the rest on the line are hers! I can't tell the difference in most of them!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, we're doing Math U See, too. Haven't tried that game, yet, though. Thanks for the idea!

Beautiful handwriting, too. I'm working on that with my daughter. But I'm happy that it is at least legible, now. :)

Stephanie said...

Angela, Could you send me your e-mail again? I've been wanting to send you a picture of Ian and Maddie's brother but I can't seem to find your e-mail address. I'll tell you what I know about their situation that way as well. GOD bless!