Sunday, April 29, 2007

Went for a long drive yesterday...

Up to see Lori and Spike! Kyle had to pick up an engine yesterday from about 2 1/2 hours away. We left after Sanites ball game (she got up there and really tried to hit the ball!...We were able to talk with the coaches a little bit more about some of the physical issues we have with her..I think this team will be great!!!!). We had a little extra time (we left Madison around 11:30 but didn't have to be up there until 3:30) so we drove to get something to eat (drive through) and took our time going up 31 all the way from Madison to Noblesville. It was such a great drive. Sometimes we just forget to stop and look at all the beauty around us that God has created. It was amazing. We arrived in Noblesville, picked up the engine, then went to Don Pablo's (one of my FAV restaurants). It was so nice to see them and their kids (except Brit..she was sick again! WE MISS YOU BRIT!). Their kiddos just crack me up! When we tried to leave I couldn't pry our kids off of theirs. They absolutely LOVE spending time with the girls and talk about them all the time. We also got some great news...The girls will be coming to our house in 2 weeks! I am so excited. This time it will be warmer out and we can do more outside. Lori send LOTS of play clothes! I am thinking park days, zoo days, and just some fun days down by the creek. We ended up getting home somewhere around 10:00 (we had to go pick up my car from my in laws). Kids went to bed and got up for church this am. It was SO GREAT to hear Kyle preach again. For that part of the day it was great, pretty much the rest was just bad, bad, bad..so bad we don't even want to go there. Feeling a bit disconnected lately....I think we are searching for where abouts we belong. ANYWAY...I did get a good bit of my garden planted and well...it looks like the 20X30 garden is not going to be big enough...looks like we are going to have to double it at least. I was able to get 3 different varieties of tomatoes planted, green bells, orange bells, yellow bells, banana peppers, crookneck squash, and egg plant. I still have to get my corn, green beans, cucumbers, spaghetti squash and acorn squash in...and that's all just my 1st round! In 2 more weeks I want to plant more green beans, bell peppers, and corn!!!

No comments: