Friday, September 07, 2007

Last night

Yesterday evening we drove to Connersville, In to give our sympathies to a family who just lost a great spiritual educator, Dave Fagan. I have never seen a visitation such as this! There was a line out the door to visit the family! Most of the visitations we had ever been to the family would sit and you could walk up to them and just talk. Not this one! How long did we wait? Would you believe, we waited in line for 1 1/2 hours to greet the family! the funeral director told us it had been like that since 2:00 in the afternoon (it was now 8:15). Now don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. In fact it is the opposite. I find this absolutely amazing! So many people wonder how just one person can make a difference..."well I am only one person..." Well this one person impacted thousands of peoples lives (if not more). The greatest thing is that he did not do it for his own glory. He was a simple man. He loved the Lord, he loved his farm (you always saw him in pants and cowboy boots) and he loved his family. He was a great mentor to my husband (noted by my husband last night) and he will be greatly missed. While I am so happy for where he is, I am sad for the family as I know that he will be missed. Please pray for his wife, Teresa, as she now will have to face living life without him.

No comments: