Tuesday, March 18, 2008

He did it!!!!!



Well......we have one kiddo who will pull her tooth out at the first sign of it being loose. She floors us by walking out of her bed at night, all nasty and bloody, tooth in hand. She just can't stand having that loose tooth inside her mouth! Then there is Noah.......This is the kid who refuses to touch a loose tooth. He refuses to wiggle it, touch it, think about it etc. As a matter of fact, when his bottom teeth were loose they "firmed up" after a while and the grown up teeth grew in giving him 4 teeth on the bottom! I was begging him to not let that happen this time. So, we did anything a rational parent would do....we bribed him. Yep you read that right....we bribed him with a Transformer. This transformer has been sitting on top of our fridge for about 6 weeks now. At first he was wiggling all the time....then it died off a bit. I told him that if he didn't get to work on that tooth then the transformer would have to go back *sigh*....


Then suddenly.............................................we are on our way home from therapy when I hear moaning a groaning from the back seat...I said "what are ya'll doin?????" Katharine (the future gruesome anatomy professor) says "He is pulling his tooth out!!!!!!" To which I replied with a "cool!!!!" I look in my rear view mirror and the boy has let go of his tooth but it is sitting in that hanging-by- a- thread-help-I-am-sideways position. Katharine goes "Ugh Noah just pull it out of there!" (she gets her lack of tact from my side of the family). Before you know it...





POP! I was out of there and the little mad was admiring his tooth. I heard him giggle a bit from the back seat and say "Boy, I am so proud of myself" LOL I am too little bud I am too.... So yes..my WFMW is to bribe your children :) It works for me so maybe it will work for you :) For other WFMW check out shannons blog...

2 comments:

Heart of Wisdom said...

That is so funny. They are all so different...I am thrilled at how pleased he was with himself..
Good Job Mom!
Robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

Unknown said...

I bribe my kids too! I like to call it giving them an extrinsic incentive...

I love the pictures!