Friday, March 28, 2008

It's YOUR life!

My best friend Lori has asked "What do you do in the course of your day?" Well hum...now that depends on the day. Right now we are on break so our day consists of sleeping in except when we have therapies to go to and errands to run. However, I am trying to get a new schedule together for our group being as we will be starting a new school year in another month. Here is what things will look like....

Being as Kyle will of started his new job before our new school year, his hours will be different. This will be a huge blessing to us! I always try to make sure the kids schooling is completed and the house does not look like a tornado ran through it , doesn't look like I sat on the couch and ate bons bons all day, doesn't resemble anything like the houses you see on "How Clean is Your House" um...looks clean. So now Kyle will be leaving at 7:30 instead of 6:30, and be home at 4:45 instead of 3:45. I will be up at 6:30 to get in an hour of Bible study before getting the kids up at 7:30. They will have from 7:30-8:30 to get their chores done. At 8:30 we will have breakfast. At 9 the kiddos will be doing their after breakfast chores, brushing teeth, doing hair etc. At 9:30 we will sit down for Bible and memory work. From 10-11 is math time. I am not sure how this will work as I will have 3 doing Math U see next year. Hopefully an hour will give me enough time to get everyone started and working on their own...well except Maddie :) One good things about the kids getting older is that they are able to take more control over their schooling i.e. they don't have to wait for me to give them instructions as they can now read what to do on their own. From 11-12 will be Language Arts time. Once again, Katharine is getting pretty independent so While she is working on hers ( Learning Language Arts Through Literature Yellow Book )and I am asking her questions she will be able to move pretty quickly...or at least more independently. Noah's work will be pretty repetitive ( we will be using Rod and Staff 1st)so I am sure that I will be able to work with him and sis at the same time. At noon I will work with Maddie 3 days a week (probably about 30 minutes). The other 2 days a week we will be working on "Mystery of History." After this will be my work out time (from 12:30-1:15). After that is lunch and reading time. I like to have about an hour after lunch (say from 2-3) where we can sit and have some quiet time. From 3-4 we will be working on Konos.....hopefully there will be many days where the schedule will just fly and that it wont take nearly that long lol. And lets not forget that we have days with speech therapy from 8-8:30 (gross) and Occupational Therapy from Whatever day and time we can get in to whatever day and time we can get in. In these cases throw out the schedule completely and hope that we can all survive an interruption in schedule.



If we aren't doing school, then we are meeting with the church (at least 3 times a week, sometimes 4-6 depending on Bible studies). I don't know what I would do without my church family. They are such a pillar of encouragement for us!



The kids are also involved in several activities....if its not the three of them involved in dance, it is Noah in football or wrestling, or Katharine in girl scouts. Before long we are going to be looking at 2 of them in baseball, one in soccer, and swimming lessons! *whew* can anyone help me to remember all that???? Actually, I wouldn't have it any other way...except for to maybe split me into 3 people so I can actually manage to get all of that done! I am certainly not looking forward to a fall schedule where *someone* in our family (not me- I would be performing in Fantasia....you know...the hippos with pink Tu Tu's??) is wanting to dance in The Nutcracker.



Sometime between all of this Laundry is somehow getting done as well as the house cleaning...hence the reason I tend to break all kinds of Child Labor Laws.....




Free time...um yeah....well In my free time I love talking on the phone with Lori ,reading all I can about Sensory issues, absorbing books by Elizabeth George, and um...paying bills?? lol

Actually I can add on that I too love to take photos....especially of my family. I have taken a few of Kyle, Katharine, Noah, and Maddie.....



No comments: