Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas to me...




What a way to start off Christmas! On Christmas eve I was downtown, having a cup of coffee at my favorite coffee shop and visiting with a friend when I receive the call....THE call.....the one you never want to have the day before Christmas.........It was my darling husband, "Honey, the washing machine busted. Its irreparable. We need a new one." ARG?!?! Really? Is this a joke? So we head on over to the used appliance store. I go in and check and do not see anything I like...much less anything I was willing to pay $150-$175 for. I kept telling myself.."it's OK...as long as it washes clothes.." blah blah blah Kyle came down and asked me if I found anything that I liked...I kind of shrugged my shoulders...nothing real impressive, not to mention I was a little leery of spending that much $$ on a used machine (OK more than a little leery). He went in and I kept saying to myself.."If he sees something he wants to get..its OK, we will be fine...it is his decision.." and so on. He comes out and says no dice...yeah!!! I told him I would rather wash at the laundry mat a couple times a week then come home to use the dryer instead of spending $$ on a machine I was really not thrilled with.



The decision was then made...he will head off to Lowe's and I will head to Sears (hey...that's all we have in our little town here!) and if we saw anything we could call each other. I walk into Sears, the guy asks me what I was looking for...when I said "A washer" he led me back to the clearance items. At first he showed me a washer that was almost in our price range...and it was sure nice. It was a top loading Whirlpool with all the extras..I called Kyle and he said he was on His way to see if we could really stretch that $$. In the mean time I walk around to the other side. They had a washing machine sitting in between the stoves......a front loading Kenmore (watch me drool). not only that, but it is an HE that will not only help to lower our electric bill and water bill, but it will cut down on drying time (it spins so much water out that we are using almost 1/2 the drying time that we needed before!). SO after a few washes I really started to get into it an now I love it...but not for all the reasons I listed above....



CHILD LABOR! Yes Ladies and gentleman...this is the best Christmas gift EVER....HELP!!!!! And as of now...the kids still think its "cool" to load the washer and dryer LOL








No comments: