Friday, December 28, 2007

My exercise Goals..

If you notice, I have added a new list to my blog and it is My exercise Goals for 2008. I can do well at a diet, if someone tells me what to eat or what not to eat lol. However, my huge issue is exercise!I have to exercise in order to loose weight...no bones about it. I can eat well and stay within my range all I want but if I don't exercise I might as well forget it. 1st of all, I joined Spark People earlier in the month and have been able to stick with it. If you have ever joined weight watchers online, this is VERY similar. Instead of counting points (as in WW) you count calories. You will set up a profile with what you weigh, and how much your goal weight is. From there they calculate your range of calories you should have per day. Every day (or every time you eat) you log in what you ate and the calorie count is done for you. Also, if you have your own recipes at home, there is an area where you can enter all of the ingredients from your recipe and once again, it calculates your calories for you!



Spark people also has an area for fitness. They come up with some strength training exercises for you and you "check them off" as you do them. Also they have an area where you log your fitness. There are many incentives and groups/communities to help answer questions and act as support. Now to my goals for 2008....



Since I have started Spark people I started back to Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds . I started off with the 1 mile walk and I did really well so the following day I went to the 2 mile walk without using weights. Last week I was able to use the 2 mile with weights, then yesterday I was able to do the 3 mile without weights. Well today I was able to do the 3 mile WITH weights! YAHOO! It has been a long time since I have been able to do that:) We have been scrimping and saving to try and work our way out of debt, so therefore we had decided to take our money that we received for Christmas to put towards "paying something off." However, my next goal is to do the Leslie Sansone 4 mile walk by the end of January/Beginning of Feb and Kyle told me to go ahead and get it :) So I will be keeping this in plain sight as a constant reminder!!!







No comments: