Thursday, January 10, 2008

Afterschoolers???

As of lately I have been very "enlightened." I had always thought of there being only people that Homeschool, and ONLY people that sent their kids to public school. I never really gave much thought to the fact that thee are people out there that send their kids to school but then school them at home also. This is what is known (as I just learned) as Afterschoolers. From what I read, they are trying to combine the best of both worlds, the public/private schools and homeschooling. Now don't get me wrong, I am not sending my kids to public school to school them in the afternoon. I am however promoting that every family has to do what they feel is best for them. Some families are able to homeschool, and quite honestly, some are not. Not always because of choice, but because of other circumstances such as single parent homes amongst other issues. For those that even have an idea that they may like to homeschool but already have kids in the public school, this may be the perfect springboard to begin! Who knows! Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of a confidence boost for people to realize they can do it and they may end up homeschooling after all. Afterschoolers.com is a website that I found that talks about Afterschoolers and gives more information. Also, I have found that the majority of homeschool sites that I looked at also included Afterschoolers in the introduction for their sites:)










No comments: