Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Back to life....back to reality...

We are headed back into the school routine this week. Actually we started on Monday and let me tell ya...I think I would of rather of drilled my own cavity...with no pain relief...in unsterile conditions....while on a boat....during a hurricane. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE schooling the kiddos....but the oldest said child....sometimes.....ug.....As has been mentioned before...CHANGE IS EVIL!!!!! Since we had not been in school for a month, off of routine, going back was a change in schedule therefore a reason to forget any rules that I have during school time along with being able to forget anything she has ever learned. Ever. Ever. Ever..in her LIFE. Amazingly I am surprised she remembered to breathe. Although I must say....we have not had a time like this in a very long time. This was actually the reason we thought it best to school year round. This way we don't have such a HUGE gap in time, therefore shortening the "back to school change issue" altogether. Yesterday was better than Monday, so hopefully today will be better than yesterday. Yesterday we both sat down and prayed about it and the day did get better. Hopefully we can get off on the right foot today!



*EDITED TO ADD* After I wrote this I went over to Cassie's blog and read this post. Such an encouragement for what I was thinking this morning!







2 comments:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Oh, that getting back into the groove is so hard. We are going to be full force starting today. I am not looking forward to it :( I have one child in particular that seems to forget everything as well (this includes all the school she has learned). I think it's some kind of sickness.

lori shepler - said...

oh angela i hate to hear all this - we've not talked in a few days & it seems (to me) like FOREVER!!!


lori
http://fromourbunchtoyours.blogspot.com/