Wednesday, January 23, 2008

WFMW Easy and effective exercise!



For all of those who know me, I am a HUGE fan of Leslie Sansone. She has an EXCELLENT series of exercise videos that you can do in your home. Before I started this I thought "ugh, I can not do aerobics! It kills my knees!" Leslie's way of exercise is by in home walking, therefore she named her series "Walk Away the Pounds." As you begin it is low impact...seriously...its like walking in place. The challenge comes when she starts adding in arm movements and sometimes weights or bands. The great thing is that you do these at YOUR OWN pace, if you can't do the arm movements, then don't! If you can't do weights yet, don't! She has levels for beginners and advanced walkers! There are 1 and 2 mile walks, 3 mile walks, 4 mile walks, and believe it or not....a 5 mile walk. These are only a few of the workouts she has available! She is very encouraging and is able to lift your spirits. Also, there are REAL people used in her videos...not twigs that act like they never had an ounce of fat on their body in their entire life lol. The video I am doing right now is the before mentioned 4 mile walk. Even though she does "boosted intervals" AKA jogging....lol I find it enjoyable. She also includes her family (daughter and niece) in this video...like I said...real people :) At any rate, she has helped me lose weight before and we are on our way to "walking away the pounds" again!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just got that series from QVC on New Year's Day! I have been doing the 2 or 3 mile walk. Haven't been brave enough to try the 4mile yet. Now I need to get the food under control to really see a change. God bless your efforts!