Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back to school picnic and the aftermath.......

Last Saturday was the back to school picnic and the kids had a blast. We picked up the head Llama and baby llama and headed off..............We were the 1st ones there and the kids got TONS of times to play. Before we knew it, families were starting to show up, kids were interacting with each other and having a grand ol time. It was great to see them "clinging" and having a few favorite friends. Sanite was drawn between playing with the kids and cuddling the babies :) Noah was constantly running (I mean NON STOP running) and Maddie was playing in the bubbles with her friends Audrey. After all the kids played we had a pitch in and got to eat some terrifically YUMMY food..I even had a CUBAN SANDWICH!!!!! Of course it was a northern version...but CLOSE ENOUGH!! LOL While everyone was eating, my husband led the men in Introducing their families and what their purpose in homeschooling is. It was great to hear from "my man" where he saw our family headed and what he wanted in our kids. He had been so busy lately (praise God for the business!) we haven't had much time to talk so it was good to hear this "from the horses mouth."


Sanite and the mamallama

Noah Da MAN


Maddie and her bubbles.....


After the homeschool picnic we head downtown where they have closed off the streets for a car show:) It was pretty cool:) A truck that my *honey* had done the interior on won an award. That was pretty exciting! We headed up to walmart and then home. Noah and I had a special "mommy and noah night" already planned. We picked out a movie and a snack and headed out to the camper, just the two of us. We watched our movie, ate our snack, and cuddled. Woke up in the morning (Sunday) to see that it was 7:30!!! I needed to be up at 7 as everyone in the house needed a bath...and believe me when your water heater only has 1 element (our water heater is the ONLY one I have ever seen that only has 1 element!) you have to plan things and be VERY tricky. For example....when one person takes a shower you have to wait about an hour before another person can take a shower, wash clothes in hot water, wash dishes etc. Now we had 5 people that needed a bath in just an hours time!!! ARG! So I jump up, run in the house.....and there is my husband..moaning in bed...........he says" I have been up sick all night." On the outside I give the "poor baby" look and on the inside I am thinking "ARRRGGGGG! I have 1 hour to get 4 people bathed, lotioned, fed, dressed and out the door with everything we need!" For those of you with brown children...you know what I mean! Its amazing just how much extra time that lotioning and hair oiling can take! We FLY out the door and yes we make it in time......*sigh* The kids and I had a great day but Kyle....well he was involved with the toilet in some shape or form that day...........

No comments: