Saturday, November 03, 2007

I am "Mom" hear me roar...






Cross-Cultural Adoption
Author: Victoria Carrington



I don’t look like my mommy
People have started to say
I don’t look like my mommy
So I asked her why one day


“Some babies are so special,
They come in different ways
Some must wait for their babies
For days and days and days


Some babies come from close by
The Mom who had them could not’t stay
Other Mommies are waiting for them
For a baby they pray and pray and pray


Other babies are born in a far-away land
The mommy who had them no longer there
But some Mommies fly across the sea
A baby’s love to share


You may have a different skin color
Or a different kind of hair
But the love Mommy has for her baby
Will truly always be there


No matter how you or I look
One thing will always be true
You are my precious baby
And I will always love you

No comments: