Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Works For me Wednesday- Lower your grocery bill!



Every time I would go to the grocery store I would tend to buy off the top of my head. I went in with no list, and just a guess of what would work for the week. My average grocery bill was astronomical (compared to what I can get away with now). I started making menus and keeping a running list of what I needed for the week. Once I would go to the grocery store I would not stray from that list (unless necessary items such as medicine). It had helped us lower our grocery bill so much! Also we tend to go multiple places for our food. For example we go to the local meat processing plant and buy meat cheaper than we can at walmart. Not to mention it is fresh and does not have the added nitrates. We also participate in a buying club or -co-op. Being able to share the ability to buy in bulk certainly helps us eat healthier and maintain a cheaper food bill! For more info on buying clubs check out the Natural Farms Site . These are some great things that work for us. I don't know if it will work for you, but it sure works for me!

2 comments:

tootie said...

Thanks for the tip!

Real Life Sarah said...

I love the idea of going to local farms and processing plants. We buy a freezer full of beef every year from a friend, and I've started getting fresh milk from the dairy. Cheaper and healthier!